:: Freenode channel shadowmite: Real time chat for quick assistance and questions
::
:: Launch Java Chat ::

Zulebot1

PDAPhone Hacker Team

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Zulebot1

So, I have been working on this robot for quite a long time now and figured I'd share. It's been in several blog entries, but it's time to post it up over here as well. Originally the goal behind the weegee was to allow me to build a mars rover style of robot. I've dropping some of the requirements mainly due to design constraints without going nuts of power efficiency. The robot is practically now built besides some wiring. Here are a few pics, and I'll put more up once I finish. Next up will be the fun part, programming!

It's got:
2 IR sensors on the sides
2 Sonar sensors (back and dual axis mounted on servos in the front)
1 Laser pointer (servo mounted)
1 JPEG serial camera (C328R, servo mounted)
1 3-axis accelerometer
Lynxmotion tri-track chassis with encoder motors running at 7.2v.

The brain of course is a weegee board.

---
Shadowmite

PDAPhone Hacker Team

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:47 am

Re: Zulebot1

Well, it's built. Almost. I put it all together and had serious issues with my servo hack controller, so I decided to simply matters and get 2 openservo controller boards to replace the normal boards in them and thus I'll be able to use i2c. That should make my ability to set and check states far faster on them which I really should have done from the start since my design required the front servo scanning in order to pick up sonar reflections. More pics will go up and soon as I get the boards and get it finished.

Otherwise, the IR sensors are now in place, and work. The sonar modules for whatever reason I'm having issues taking readings from. Since I've used them previously, I'm certain it's something with the fact I'm now scanning through a lot of ADC channels. I need to be able to ensure I'm connected to the right one before reading it...
---
Shadowmite

PDAPhone Hacker Team

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Ok, more pics... Almost done...

---
Shadowmite

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Awesome!!
I wish I have all the knowledge to making it so!
Impressive work!

what are u planning for the case look?? I hope that is something creepy :twisted: !!

:lol:

How to control it?? you should make it bluetooh-able and palm front ended....just wondering...

PDAPhone Hacker Team

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:19 pm

Currently it's wireless serial link controlled via a computer with plans to make it act on it's own when no commands are being fed to it for a certain length of time. I expect to eventually have a large solar panel on it to charge also on it's own. Haven't given much thought to a case of any kind, but I should someday...
---
Shadowmite

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:54 pm

you should make it look like thoose star wars little rats, it would be awesome and easy to hide the future solar pannel on top of it. And you may also use a high dB antenna with it, once the original rat have it....very nice project, you should port it to work with bluetooth serial (so than you can control it with a palm...or cell phone...)

Return to WEEGEE Board Project