iTunes?

Discussion of the Treo 650 smartphone

Moderator:kocoman

edgefox
Minion
iTunes?

Post by edgefox » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:52 pm

itunes? has anyone had any luck porting the motorola itunes phone software to palm format, I'm sure this isn't something that is easy to do, but I figure if it can be done this is the site that would know something about it.

JonesChris

Post by JonesChris » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:05 am

:roll: iTunes? What for on a Palm when Pocket Tunes is capable of so much more. iTunes can't stream shoutcast feeds.. 8)

Have you tried Pocket Tunes out? If not Go here!

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

cpryce
Techie

Post by cpryce » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:00 pm

The simplicity of the iTunes interface on the ROKR makes it tons easier to use than PocketTunes as far as just getting to the content you want and listening to it. All the features of PocketTunes just get in the way of listening to music in some ways. But yes, PocketTunes is much more powerful...but then again it's running on a much more powerful platform as well. The iTunes stuff would really just be a lightweight and elegant way to find your music when you don't need to do anything fancy. And since it's a different platform, you can't just take it and make it work on the Treo...better to just write up a clone from scratch (unless there's something about the ROKR that I don't know, and I do know next to nothing about it hehe).
- cpryce

bigredgpk
Minion

Post by bigredgpk » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:48 pm

If you want iTunes on your Treo, download the iTunes skin for Pocket Tunes. If you want apple music on your Treo Download a program / plugin called BadApple for iTunes.

But I doing the all you can eat from Napster with PT Delux and i'm loving it!
(and I still use the iTunes skin :P )

Timmay

Bharat
Minion

Post by Bharat » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:13 am

Alternatively, Missing Sync includes a plugin for transferring songs to your Treo 650 (from iTunes itself).
However, to the best of my knowledge, pockettunes is the only software if you want itunes like interface on your Treo 650.
Regards,
Bharat
Bharat

btrvalik

Post by btrvalik » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:38 am

Pocket-tunes looks powerful but it does not support AAC.. does anything else? I have all my music in (non-DRM) AAC and converting to MP3 is a bit of a pain.

pbrownel
Minion

Post by pbrownel » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:40 pm

I use Pocket Tunes. For a while, I used iTunes on my PC to download the files to my Treo, so it did the conversion automatically. Yeah, its slow, but its automatic.

I didnt have a big investment in AAC files so later I just started using the variable bit rate compression in Microsoft Media Player. the file sizes are almost as good as AAC and the sound quality is equal or better.

MattB5

Post by MattB5 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:13 am

btrvalik wrote:Pocket-tunes looks powerful but it does not support AAC.. does anything else? I have all my music in (non-DRM) AAC and converting to MP3 is a bit of a pain.
I don't have any AAC files to try this out, but I use TCPMP to watch videos on my 650. And I have used it to listen to MP3's. But I did notice that there is an AAC codec you can install for it as well.