Unlocking Bluetooth on Verizon Treo

Discussion of the Treo 650 smartphone

Moderator:kocoman

fara1
Unlocking Bluetooth on Verizon Treo

Post by fara1 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:19 am

Hi,

Does anyone know how to unlock all the bluetooth fratures obex, file transfer, etc. on the Verizon Treo 650. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

btrvalik

Post by btrvalik » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:31 am

I have this same problem... I've been asking the question WRT handsfree in my car... the lack of OBEX crashes my 650 when my car attempts to upload the phone book. I'm hoping to get my hands on the BT files from a Sprint but nobody seems willing to reply to my request. I've tried PMing a few folks but I get no respnse. :(

Shadowmite
PDAPhone Hacker Team

Post by Shadowmite » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:43 am

Check the patches and files page... they have been there for months... :) I have no idea if they will help though...
---
Shadowmite

btrvalik

Post by btrvalik » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:30 am

I installed the file from btupdate2. I used filez to copy them to the internal memory. I now have 2 copies of the files. I assume the original is in ROM and the files from the btupate are in RAM. Newbie question.. Does the treo always use the RAM file instead of the ROM files? After a soft reset I still have the problems of the phone crashing when a phonebook upload request happens. I think I need the rest of the btfile from a sprint phone.

btrvalik

Post by btrvalik » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:12 pm

Just installed the new VZ updater... phone still crashes :x

pierce02

Post by pierce02 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:34 pm

I used the rom tool and deleted all of the verizon BT files and placed the Sprint BT files in the Rom. I have been able to transfer all types of media with zero crashes. I even transfered a 3MB mp3. So it is possible.

btrvalik

Post by btrvalik » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:14 am

I did the same... now it no longer crashes my phone !

mdecaro

Cingular?

Post by mdecaro » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:56 pm

Anyone successfully do this with a Cingular?

Matt

beavis10

Post by beavis10 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:03 am

I did the update with the sprint 1.12 rom bt files on my VZW treo. I'm trying to get it to work with a uniden elbt595.

Others have gotten it to work with a sprint treo w/1.12, but with vzw the bt connection doesn't stay open. The treo needs to recognize the elbt595 as a car kit, but it doesn't automatically.

In the sprint 1.12 firmware there is an option to specify whether it's a car kit or headset. However, even after updating with the sprint rom bt files, I still don't see that option when I pair devices and it still doens't stay connected.

Anyone have any insight? There must be some other files that need to be added to the rom. I just don't know which ones.

chiefsalami
Techie

Post by chiefsalami » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:08 pm

I used all of the BT files from the VZW update, except created a custom ROM with ONLY the BTmanager and BTmanager_enUS files from the Sprint ROM. It seems to work for me just fine.

mdecaro

Post by mdecaro » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:46 pm

chiefsalami wrote:I used all of the BT files from the VZW update, except created a custom ROM with ONLY the BTmanager and BTmanager_enUS files from the Sprint ROM. It seems to work for me just fine.
I am interested in the carkit functionality that is only in Sprint. Are you using that functionally?

CrazyC
Techie

Post by CrazyC » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:19 pm

mdecaro wrote:
chiefsalami wrote:I used all of the BT files from the VZW update, except created a custom ROM with ONLY the BTmanager and BTmanager_enUS files from the Sprint ROM. It seems to work for me just fine.
I am interested in the carkit functionality that is only in Sprint. Are you using that functionally?
There's a thread in the 650 Hardware forum on Treo Central about using ALL the Sprint BT files in place of the Verizon BT files by creating a custom ROM and flashing it on your Verizon or Sprint converted phone. I think the car kit functionality works, but I don't use it myself.

Just be very careful with this is you haven't made custom ROMs before. You can permanently destroy your phone if you mess up.